COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- examples of personal information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the site.
- purpose of collection: to load the site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on site usage to improve our Site.
- source of collection: collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our backend processors, to further speed up the website for customers and artists.
- examples of personal information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number: all sensitive data is encrypted, and financial moments are stored by PayFast, a registered secure financial service.
purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in-line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- source of collection: collected from you.
- disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our backend processors, and secure external payment gateways.
customer support information
- examples of personal information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment info, email, contact number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you, given by you willingly.
USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includeS: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfilment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
pursuant to the general data protection regulation ('GDPR'), if you are a resident of the european economic area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- your consent;
- the performance of the contract between you and the site;
- compliance with our legal obligations;
- to protect your vital interests;
- to perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- for our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
when you place an order through the site, we will retain your personal information for our records and returns + exchanges, unless and until you ask us to erase this information. for more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
our backend processor uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud, that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- temporary deny-list of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. this deny-list persists for a small number of hours.
- temporary deny-list of credit cards associated with deny-listed IP addresses. this deny-list persists for a small number of days.
this site does not sell personal information.
if you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or erased. if you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information here
your personal information will be initially processed in ireland, and then will be transferred outside of europe for storage and further processing, including to canada and the us. for more information on how data transfers comply with the gdpr, see the gdpr whitepaper here
COOKIES [they're actually pretty useful to you]
a cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our site. we use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, and content cookies. cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login + region selection). this means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor. cookies used on our site also lower your data-use when you browse, as the first time you load images, will sort you out for future loads. this is nb in a country where most users are mobile and don't have access to wifi.
we use the following cookies to optimise your experience on our site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
REPORTING + ANALYTICS
|_landing_page||track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||track landing pages|
|_s||backend service analytics.|
|_shopify_fs||backend service analytics.|
|_shopify_s||backend service analytics.|
|_shopify_sa_p||backend service analytics relating to marketing + referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||backend service analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_y||backend service analytics.|
|_y||backend service analytics.|
the length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device. like the power flowing through a tube-amp, or the chip in an old Japanese delay.
you can control and manage cookies in various ways. please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s 'tools' or 'preferences' menu. for more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as allaboutcookies.org
DO NOT TRACK
please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to 'do not track' signals; we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
for more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to raise an issue, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org